FAQ stands for frequently asked questions, which refers to a list of answers to common questions. Please find below some of our most asked questions about Radical Cosmetics Private Label Division, Contract Manufacturing Division and Company Information.
RADICAL COSMETICS PRIVATE LABEL QUESTIONS
What is the processing time for sample kit orders?
The current processing time for private label sample kits are 1-3 business days from the purchase date. Tracking information will be emailed to clients as soon as it ships from the Radical Cosmetics facility.
All private label sample kits include full-sized, finished products.
What is the processing time for regular private label inventory?
The current processing time for regular private label inventory from the online catalog is 5-7 business days. The Radical Cosmetics Shipping Department strives to fulfill all orders as efficiently as possible. Tracking information will be emailed to clients as soon as it ships from the Radical Cosmetics facility.
Can you help me with placing my first order in the Private Label Division?
Yes, we can definitely help! Please reach out to our Private Label Customer Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Radical Cosmetics during regular business hours from 9am-5pm EST Monday – Friday at +1(888)572-3422. Our Private Label team can assist you through placing your order online or via email (for international clients).
Do I have an assigned customer service representative when I begin ordering from the Private Label Division?
Yes, once you place your first order you will be assigned a Customer Support Specialist who will be your point of contact for any special requests, tracking information, returns, etc. Any inquiries or questions should be directed to email@example.com
If I am near Radical Cosmetics, can I come to pick up my private label order(s)?
No need to pay the shipping rates when you are local or near our Fort Pierce, Florida facilities. For this option, during checkout online, please select “Local Pickup” in the shipping options. This will eliminate the shipping charges during the online checkout. After you submit payment online, one of our customer support team members will reach out via email or telephone to coordinate your pickup day/time when your order is ready. If you have any questions during the checkout process , please give us a call to walk you through or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I choose a shipping option for my order?
Dimensions USPS Priority mail:
Medium Flat Rate Box -11″ x 8.75″ x 6″
Large Flat Rate Box – 12.25″ x 12.25″ x 6″
Can Radical Cosmetics put my logo on private label products?
Unfortunately, Radical Cosmetics does not currently offer any printing/creative services for personalizing private label products.
Can you send me a list of vendors who do printing services for my private label products?
Yes! We would be happy to email a list of printing/packaging vendors for your consideration. Please email the Customer Support Specialist at email@example.com and they will provide a list of both domestic and international suppliers.
Can you send me a list of distributor vendors for my private label products?
Yes! We would be happy to email a list of distributor vendors for your consideration. Please email the Customer Support Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org and they will provide a list of both domestic and international distributor companies.
RADICAL COSMETICS CONTRACT MANUFACTURING QUESTIONS
What is the MOQ (Minimum Order Quantity) for a custom formulation in the Contract Manufacturing Division?
The MOQ is 2000 units per shade
Who do I reach out to in regards to my project?
Please reach out to the Radical Cosmetics Contract Manufacturing Division for all inquiries. Email email@example.com or call during regular business hours from 9 am-5 pm EST Monday – Friday at +1(888)572-3422. Our Contract Manufacturing Sales Specialist can assist in detailing the overall process and will send over necessary documentation (Standard NDA & New Client Form).
How long does it take to formulate a new custom formula?
Once you are assigned a Customer Support Specialist (Account Representative), it takes approximately 16-18 weeks of sampling process to develop a client approved sample standard. The approved sample is used for the production run (manufacturing process).
What type of custom bulk manufacturing can you produce in cosmetic and skin-care products?
- Blush (Pressed and Loose)
- Bronzer (Pressed and Loose)
- Cheek stain / Tint
- Concealer (Liquid, Pot and Stick)
- Cream to powder foundation
- Eyebrow (Gel, Pencil, Powder)
- Eye liner (Gel, Pencil and Liquid)
- Eye shadow (Cream, Pressed and Loose)
- Finishing powder (Pressed and Loose)
- Foundation (Pressed, Loose and Liquid)
- Lip balm
- Lip gloss
- Lip liner pencil
- Lip stain / Tint
- Liquid eyeshadow
- Liquid lipstick (Satin, Matte, Semi-Gloss)
- Highlighter (Liquid, Cream and Pressed)
- Mascara (Waterproof & Volumizing)
- Body butter
- Body lotion
- Essential oils
- Eye cream
- Face cream
- Cream Face masks
- Face moisturizer
- Face wash
- Massage oil
- Sugar scrubs
Can you manufacture custom mineral makeup?
Yes! Radical specializes in mineral based cosmetics comprised of natural and organic ingredients. Our team of mineral makeup manufacturers and experts will help you customize a mineral makeup formula that will appeal to your target market. We can customize any formula to provide the texture, feel, and coverage you require. Our mineral make-up contains no dyes or fillers. Our mineral make-up contains only natural Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Micronized Titanium Dioxide, Micronized Zinc Oxide and natural pigments(depending the shade). There are many benefits to mineral makeup. It is non-comedogenic, anti-inflammatory, virtually hypoallergenic, and it offers complete coverage for skin conditions like acne, rosacea, and redness. Also, it is composed of inert mineral that does not support bacteria and is not tested on animals.
Can you process bulk cosmetic filling and packing?
Radical Cosmetics bulk cosmetic filling and packing capabilities encompass glass and plastic jars, bottles and standard tubes. We can source and pack most types of primary and secondary cosmetic packaging. In addition, we offer gift set and kit assembly, product labeling, and pack-outs.
What Does the R&D and color-matching Process look like for doing a contract manufacturing project?
Research and Development:
1. A $500.00 fee is charged per product development.
2. Customer is to supply a sample of the desired product plus packing.
3. Before commencing work on the product customer must specify desired functionality that needs to be achieved. The customer must also specify if certain ingredients need to be added or removed from the formula. If this is not stated prior to product development the lead time will be extended to remake the product.
4. The lead time for R&D is 16-18 weeks.
5. R&D samples include 3 iterations. This means that if the formula is not approved and changes need to be made, we will submit new samples for your approval up to three times.
6. After receiving lab samples, you must return the lab sample approval form and one of the approved lab samples. If doing color cosmetics, we cannot commence color matching until the base formula is approved.
7. When the formulation is approved, you must keep one of the approved lab samples and send us back the other approved lab sample. This is important because our lab keeps this approved lab sample to be used as the standard. The standard is used as the reference for every corresponding batch that is made using a specific formula number. Every year the standard is reset as physical properties change over time.
8. No further changes can be made once the sample is approved. Any additional changes made to the already approved lab sample will be considered a new formulation and require an additional R&D development fee of $500.
1. A $150.00 fee is charged per custom color shade.
2. Customer must supply a sample of desired color. Color is subjective and we cannot go by pictures on a computer screen as all screens have different resolutions.
3. The lead time to color match is 4-6 weeks after receiving color standard (If more than 10 shades need to be matched the lead time could extend up to 10 weeks.)
4. Color matching fee includes up to 3 iterations of customization. This means that if the formula is not approved and changes need to be made, we will submit new samples for your approval three times.
5. Our lab checks color on skin, white paper and leneta paper. When receiving lab samples make sure you check the color on your skin and on white printing leneta paper to best see if the desired color and opacity was achieved.
6. Once samples are received you must return the approval sheet included with samples. If samples are not approved specify in detail as to what changes need to be made. If samples are approved, you must file the formula numbers you approved as you will need them when ready to place a purchase order.
7. When the color is approved, you must keep one of the approved lab samples and send our lab the other approved lab sample. This is important because our lab keeps this approved lab sample to be used as the standard. The standard is used as the reference for every corresponding batch that is made using a specific formula number. Every year the standard is reset as color changes over time.
8. No further changes can be made once the sample is approved. Any additional changes made to the color of the already approved lab sample will be considered a new color and require an additional color matching development fee of $150.
Does Radical Cosmetics manufacture packaging and labeling?
Unfortunately, Radical Cosmetics does not manufacture packaging and labeling. Radical Cosmetics specialized in the formulation and production of color cosmetics. Clients source packaging/labels and ship to Radical Cosmetics to the warehouse until their cosmetic formulas are ready for filling and assembling.
How long does it take for a production run (Manufacturing my new product)?
The process can be from 3-6 months for a brand new product formulation. Raw ingredient sourcing and packaging lead times usually determine the length of the processing time.
Do I have an assigned customer service representative when I begin a project in the Contract Manufacturing Division?
Yes, once you have placed payment for the $500 R&D fee, you will be assigned a Customer Support Specialist who will be your point of contact until the completion of the project. The Customer Support Specialist will essentially be processing the project through all eight of the Radical Cosmetics departments until completion (shipment).
RADICAL COSMETICS COMPANY QUESTIONS
When did Radical Cosmetics start and who founded the company?
Since 2003, Radical Cosmetics has been a leading provider of color cosmetics and skincare contract manufacturing, development and packaging solutions. As a family owned and operated company we take the time to get to know our customers and their specific needs. Fenton Baijnath founded Radical Cosmetics and is a well-known contributor within the cosmetics industry in domestic and international markets. He worked as a packaging engineer at companies such as L’Oreal, Calvin Klein, and Unilever until deciding he wanted to venture out on his own. Learn more about Fenton at >> www.linkedin.com/in/fentonbaijnath
We have two divisions at Radical Cosmetics: The private label division and Contract Manufacturing. There are eight departments within the organization that works together to process and manufacture high-quality private label and custom formulations. No matter what a client’s cosmetic manufacturing requirements may be, Radical can produce cosmetic products with a focus on quality ingredients and innovative packaging solutions.
Where are the products manufactured?
All cosmetic products are produced within the Radical Cosmetics Fort Pierce, Florida manufacturing facilities.
Where are the products formulated?
All cosmetic products are formulated within the Radical Cosmetics Innovation Laboratory (within the Fort Pierce, Florida manufacturing facilities). We have a Senior and Junior Cosmetics Chemist who are experts at formulating brand new products, as well as a team of very knowledgeable laboratory technicians. Radical Cosmetics incorporates the best of science and nature through the use of natural and organic ingredients, state-of-the-art technology, and advanced scientific formulations.
Do you color-match custom formulations?
Yes! We can manufacture cosmetic products in bulk according to our clients’ existing formulations, offer our own well-tested cosmetic formulations or help a client create their own unique formula. Clients may also choose to use our expert color matching services during the research and development laboratory process.
Can I come to visit Radical Cosmetics?
Yes! Schedule a visit to our facilities on your next trip to the beautiful Treasure Coast of Florida. The Radical Cosmetics office headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located together within the port of Fort Pierce, Florida. We would happily welcome and introduce you to the latest innovations in cosmetic manufacturing. All visits are scheduled in advance with one of our Customer Support Team Members who will assist with your beauty brand goals.
If I have any product or service complaints, who should they be directed to?
Please reach out by calling our Radical Cosmetics Office Manager at +1(888)572-3422